A Cost Segregation Study (CSS) is a strategic tax savings tool, which allows building owners to accelerate building/property depreciation significantly. Using traditional depreciation methodology, building assets are depreciated over a 27.5 – 39 year period. Our cost segregation services enables reallocation of those assets into other “short-term” deprecation categories. And this is achieved by accelerating depreciation deductions and thus reducing federal and state income taxes.
- Timely Deliverables
- No-Cost Audit Support
Cost Segregation Study Assessment
If you’re a business and property owner, your buildings and the investments you have made in them can be turned into valuable tax savings by doing a Cost Segregation Study.
We’ve developed this calculator to help you understand if and how much you could be eligible for. Use tax law to your advantage and save on depreciation deductions and increase cash flow with the help of our tax professionals. Take our cost segregation study assessment today!
- $500K – $750K Acquisition Cost – Explore
- $750K – $1.5M Acquisition Cost – Most Likely
- $1.5M + Acquisition Cost – Highly Likely
- $50K – $150K Remodel Cost – Explore
- $150K – $250K Remodel Cost – Most Likely
- $250K+ Remodel Cost – Highly Likely
Key Planning Points
- Qualified Properties include any Income producing properties and business owner occupied properties.
- Can go back as far as 1987 without amending tax returns using 3115.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act now allows businesses to expense the cost of certain new and used qualified property placed in service after September 27, 2017, including roofs, HVAC, security systems & more!
Common Qualifying Expenses
- Specialty Fixtures and Finishing
- Specialty Electrical and Plumbing
- Personal Property
Timing & Cost
- Fees vary based on the scope but typically range in the $5,000 – $15,000 or more.
- We highly recommend an upfront feasibility analysis, which is performed at no cost!
Industries We Serve
In many cases, companies decide against pursuing R&D tax credit savings for one of two reasons. One, they think R&D tax credits apply exclusively to the science and technology fields. And two, they find obtaining R&D tax credits cost-prohibitive. At...
At Cunningham and Associates, we’ve been helping companies in various industries identify R&D qualifying activities. The result? Thousands saved in taxes and more money invested in their businesses. When we meet with clients about R&D tax savings, we take a...
Architecture and Engineering Client Saves over $500,000 with R&D Tax Credits and Strategic Tax Planning.
Without the help of an experienced tax expert, many businesses overpay on their taxes. Although the IRS tax code is a complex and intimidating beast, it offers many creative ways to lower an organization’s tax burden. But companies can’t take advantage of these...